Sunday, July 22, 2012

So Lucky

The last few days have been absolutely amazing! I've attended high tea, gone to London, and had a good old lazy Sunday.

Friday we got dressed up and went to experience the English tradition of high tea. I definitely think this is a tradition we could use in the states and more specifically in Lincoln. Perhaps we could make it a little less fancy but the idea of a tea break in the afternoon could do us wonders! The food they served was delicious and the tea was great as always. We had several finger sandwiches ranging from smoked salmon (my personal favorite) to cucumber. Then there were the scones with jam and cream and the top layer of just incredible desserts; I couldn't help myself, it was just all so good. It was also nice that the Dean was able to join us for tea before she headed back to Lincoln.

Yesterday we got up early and made a trip into London. It was a bit of a whirlwind but I managed to fit a lot into a day. We got there and had three hours to run around before watching the musical Chicago. We managed to make it to Buckingham Palace and saw the changing of the guard, over to Westminster Abbey where we took a tour, past Big Ben and the parliament building, then over by the London Eye and a neat little walking bridge. After all of that we had to rush back for the wonderful show. I just adore going to shows and this was a new one for me so it was very fun. Everyone seemed to like it, even the guys who didn't originally really want to go :) We then got another two and a half hours before the bus headed back to Oxford. I wanted to see the Olympic Village so a couple friends and I took the tube out to see it. Unfortunately the majority of the village was still closed off, but it was neat to say that we were there. We got a few pictures out in front and then headed to a great Indian restaurant right there. I would highly recommend the Indian food in London, oh my goodness it was a great quick meal. The entire day trip was fabulous and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I know there are a few sites I missed, but I am truly just so lucky to have been able to see as much as I did.

Today I woke up and walked around the city for a bit. I went to the Christ Church meadow and had my breath taken away. I can't wait to go running through there tomorrow because it is just the most beautiful little area of the city. I spent the rest of my Sunday being lazy reading a good book on the bench directly in the center of Jesus College. The weather was so nice I just had to be out there!

Everything has been so great throughout my trip. I couldn't ask for anything more and can hardly wait to see what else I will be able to experience!

Pictures include: Pictures from High Tea, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, the Olympic Village and Christ Church.








No comments:

Post a Comment