Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home In Oxford

After the most amazing week of traveling I'm happy to be "home" in Oxford! Everywhere in Europe is just so pretty and full of history. Rome was wonderful and I was so lucky to be able to visit the Vatican and the Colosseum. Both places were so rich with history and the 
detail in their designs amazed me. Barcelona was a bit different. The architecture 
throughout the city designed by Antoni Gaudí was different, unique, and left me speechless. Park Güell and Sagrada Família were perhaps the most beautiful places I have ever seen. I think I could go to both every day and find something new to love about them. I was unable to spend much time in Paris and would love to go back to visit more of the sites there, but the fireworks show for Bastille Day was incredible! I have never seen fireworks that big and bright, not to mention how perfectly they framed the Eiffel Tower which was lit up brighter than a Christmas tree. I also fell in love with the crepes there and have decided the first thing I do when I get back home will be to learn to make some. I truly could not have asked for a better week and feel like the luckiest girl to have that experience.

Now that everyone is in Oxford we're about to have so much more fun. Yesterday was our first day of classes and the teachers are just too funny. They make the material exciting and want to hear about all the fun activities we do. During the afternoon we learned to play rounders, which is a lot like baseball but uses bats half the size. Once we finally got the hang of the different rules it was really fun. The city is gorgeous and I can't wait to go on an official walking tour this week. I still can't believe that I get to stay at one of the oldest Universities in the world for a month! Everything from the rooms to the food and classes has been wonderful and I could not have asked for a better start to this trip. 

Here are some pictures from this past week. Enjoy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment